So Easy.
So Cheap.
So Fucking Delicious!

Best Chili Ever



As Tom Petty once said:

"Oh my, my, oh yell yes, honey put on your chili dress!!"  


This dress can be the dress you wear to chili night at my house (you're always welcome to stop by) or a dress with chilis on it (or with chili on it, because you're a sloppy eater like me!!).

So slip on your chili dress and let's get to eating the best chili ever made in human existence!  (If you have a better recipe, please share it with me, because I love chili!)


Get yourself some of this:

-3 lbs of ground meat (can be the same or a mix of meats--chicken, hamburger, turkey, sausage)
-chopped onions and peppers (bell or hot or both!)
-2 cans fire-roasted tomatoes (Aldi has these if you have an Aldi nearby)
-1/4 C chili powder
-1/4 C brown sugar
-1 T cumin and oregano
-1 1/2 t garlic powder
-1 small can tomato paste
-cans of whatever beans you like (kidney, pinto, black, white, lima, etc.)
-2 C beef broth (but chicken will work in a pinch)
-Get creative and add in any veggies you want!  I love canned potatoes in my chili, but I also use fresh and frozen veggies, too.  Whatever you have!  Even zucchini!

Then:

Brown your meat.  Drain.  Then add all the rest and cook over low heat for at least 30 minutes, but you can cook for as long as you like!  Adjust seasonings to your liking!

Serve with cornbread!




Photo by Food Photographer | Jennifer Pallian on Unsplash
SHARE

About Shay Brooks

0 comments :

Post a Comment